Protect Your Roof by Following These Important Guidelines
- Keep tree limbs trimmed to prevent removal of gravel, the material that protects your roof from harmful UV rays.
- Do not combine the wrong ventilation products. This can actually deter proper air flow, prematurely aging your roof and possibly voiding your warranty.
- Extremely high winds can result in detached fasteners (nails) or broken seals. A subsequent driving rain could cause damage to the inside of your home. Call a roofer for an inspection.
- Keep your valleys free of leaves and pine needles to avoid a “damming effect” that can result in leaks.
- Do not allow others to walk on your roof unless absolutely necessary.
- If you are thinking of power washing your roof to remove unsightly algae, have a professional do it. Done improperly, power washing can damage your shingles.